To increase the number of certified interveners in NYS & increase the number of vision and hearing providers implementing evidence based practices with children and youth who are deaf-blind.
- Collaborative, multidisciplinary team approach
- Fostering the development of individualized educational supports
- Direct and individualized communication support for children and youth
- Comprehensive knowledge base on deaf-blindness for all team members
- Strategies supporting research based models of implementation
- Provide vision and hearing assessment training and coaching
- Facilitate collaborative team meetings
- Facilitate online and face-to-face learning communities of practice
- Provide support for online learning for intervener certification
- Host webinars on various deaf-blind related content
For further information or inquiries, please contact Susanne Morgan Morrow.